CALL US FOR A NEW ROOF!
We Help Get Your Life & Home Back To Normal
Imagine the world’s best golfers driving thousands of golf balls at your siding and roof at once and you’ll have a good idea of how severely a hail storm can harm the exterior of your property.
Following a severe storm, your first siding and roofing concern is whether or not the storm caused any leakage that might damage your home’s interior. Even if your siding and roof does survive a severe hail storm without leaking, there might still be significant hail damage.
Here at Exteriors Plus, we know firsthand that severe wind and hail storms are unavoidable and often unpredictable, especially with our volatile seasons in Minnesota. Severe hail storms have the potential to be devastating to you, your family, and your home. As fellow Midwesterners, we know all too well the stress and time consumption the process of roof and siding repair can be after a severe hail storm.
Severe Hail Storms Create Different Damage To Different Siding And Roofing Materials
Our experience in siding and roof inspections after severe hail storms has educated us about how severe hail damage affects different siding and roofing materials. Not surprisingly, hail damages different siding and roofing materials in a variety of ways.
Roof and siding hail damage can also vary greatly from one part of a house to another. This variation is primarily due to the severe wind that drives the hail storm.
- Hail damage to asphalt shingles: Shingles may have broken or cracked tabs, but the most common severe hail damage will take the form of dented or crushed areas where granules are forced into the shingle mat material, or displaced altogether. Since granules protect the shingle from UV degradation, hail dents can result in a shortened shingle life.
- Hail damage to wood shingles: Wood shingles will typically crack from the impact of severe hail. Cracking will appear along the grain and can cause parts of shingles to break loose.
- Hail damage to slate roofs: Hail impact can crack slate, although cracks tend to be more random than with wood shingles. Some slates may break loose from their fasteners and slide off the roof.
The severe winds that often accompany large hail storms can cause blow-off damage that should be repaired right away. Hail-damaged siding and roof shingles may not cause a problem for months or years, but it’s wise to call us as soon as possible.
Leaving your home vulnerable to additional damage is not ideal.
We specialize in exterior home remodels and storm restoration. We streamline the claims process and deal with the insurance company for you.
Within 24 hours of our initial inspection, your claim is initiated and we will guide you through the entire process and complete the specific repairs needed..
Exteriors Plus' Severe Hail Damage Repair Services in Savage
- Free and thorough inspection of siding and roof for severe hail storm damage.
- Inspection covers roof shingles, gutters, skylights, flashing, vent hoods, vent stacks, chimney caps, and chimneys.
- Free estimates for all recommended roof repairs.
- Prompt, expert repair and/or replacement of storm-damaged roof elements.
- Complete guidance and assistance through the inspection and insurance process.
We will thoroughly inspect your entire roof and siding (including skylight, windows, decks, and gutters) and look for any signs of hail damage. Our restoration specialists have the professionalism, expertise, and experience necessary to suggest the appropriate siding and roofing services, whether it’s siding and roof repair or complete replacement. After a storm, we are the trusted experts to call in Savage and surrounding areas.